Friday, May 25, 2012

Lap 3 -- Woopie!

Yep, I did it again. I had another laparoscopy/hysteroscopy yesterday. That makes my third lap, and fifth surgery in that area (including the c-section). But this time, unlike last time, I feel really, really good about the results.

My last lap was almost exactly four months ago, and I was driven home from that surgery groggy and angry. Yesterday, however, I was driven home groggy and really happy.

The surgery was only supposed to be an hour and a half, but it lasted 3 hours. When I finally came to post-op, sitting on the chair next to me were images from my procedure, with handwritten notes from my doctor. It was such a lovely sight. My husband came over and explained all of the notes to me.

Dr H had found many little patches of endo, and zapped them all. He found more scar tissue behind the right ovary and removed it. He also found some pretty extensive scar tissue behind the left ovary and removed it. Both ovaries had a film around them, so he zapped them both with a laser and cleared the film away. The right fallopian tube was hooked back up behind the ovary, so it was not in a position in which it could catch eggs, so he put it back in the right place. He also did a test on my uterine wall that confirmed there is endo inside the uterine muscle. He said that he could not see the rupture repair from the outside, but that he could see the scar tissue from the inside (which explains why Dr D was so proud of himself).

I feel pretty good about the results from yesterday. I am looking forward to seeing the video Dr H took at my post-op appointment and discussing what our next steps will be. I am so happy that I decided to stick with this doctor and have him do the procedure. I feel like he was very thorough, and further confirmed his abilities and knowledge. I know for a fact I am in good hands this time.

Even better is I feel surprisingly well. I was up and around last night and felt very little discomfort. Even today I don't feel much discomfort. I'm a bit swollen... okay, I'm really swollen, but I don't hurt and I don't feel like crap. All around, I'm feeling pretty good about things.

10 comments:

Fran said...

Wohooo! Delighted to hear this, feeling very hopeful for you! Fran

Alex said...

Wow - that sounds like a completely different lap experience! I'm so glad you went with Dr. D, and I can't wait to hear about next steps!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Life Happens said...

I can feel your excitement through reading this! I'm so happy that you feel so good about the whole thing.

Hope the swollen goes down and you continue to recovery :)

p.s. Thanks for the comments about Matthew. I am a lucky mama to have such a cutie pie ;)

Suzanne said...

I'm glad to hear that everything went well and that you're starting to recover. I hope that you are completely recovered soon. It sounds like Dr. H really knows what he is doing - I am so glad that you finally found a good doctor!

Heather said...

I couldnt wipe the grin off my face when I read this. Ok so its not good so much was wrong but it's awesome that it's all fixed!

What does this mean for when you can do the BD?

*Jess* said...

I think you are in good hands, too!! YAY!!

Kahla said...

Sounds awesome! Praying this leads to many, many wonderful things!

Journey Girl said...

That is fab news!! Sounds like this doc has some great attention to detail, I lurves me some of that!! Hope you are recovering well and I'm looking forward to seeing what the next step is!

twondra said...

Oh yay!! So happy! This warms my heart! Glad you feel so optimistic and happy!!

Mazzy said...

I'm so glad everything went so well, prayers for a speedy recovery and onward and upward to the future of your family!!!