There have been times I thought about getting an IUD because I honestly want to be done having babies for so many reasons:
- My last pregnancy was very uncomfortable, and I was unable to eat for the last 3 months of it, and not due to morning sickness.
- Childcare for three or more kids would be expensive to astronomical.
- Traveling with three or more kids would be difficult both financially and logistically, and we all know that this family loves to travel.
- Our house isn't big enough for more than two kids, and we have zero intention of moving.
- I'm getting too old for this sleep deprivation crap.
- I'm just getting too old, period.
I know that if we get another baby, we will consider it as much as miracle as we do Little Bean and Sweet Pea, and we will love it as much as we do them. A part of me even wants to tempt fate at times. You know, like in that 6 weeks postpartum where they tell you not to indulge because you are stupid fertile and will more than likely get pregnant again. Or even during this first 6 months postpartum when you are more fertile than normal. I kind of want another baby. But then I go back to asking myself why and revisit all of the "maybes".
At the end of the day, none of the above matters. If we get another baby, then we will be overjoyed that we overcame the odds that are so heavily stacked against us, and we will accept the baby with open arms. If we don't get any more babies, then we are just fine with that and travel the world with the two we already have. We're not going to try for more, but we're also not going to bother with trying to prevent. What will be, will be.