Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dude, I Rock

I have been a busy lady lately. I've been saving money aside from my weekly budget to buy a few needed and wanted items. Between the money I saved and a few gift cards I got for Christmas and my birthday, I've been able to cross a few things off my wish list.

The first was this little bitty:
It's a sonic jewelry cleaner. This was a priority because my husband bought me a jewelry armoir for my birthday, and none of my jewelry had ever seen a cleaner. Some of it I have had since I was in high school, and so as you can imagine, it was in desperate need of cleaning. I could not believe how clean this thing got everything. It did such an awesome job, I lent it to a good friend for the weekend.

After that, I got me this:


I've been wanting another bedspread for some time. I have one, but sometimes it has to go to the cleaners and I need a backup. I found this one and fell in love. And, it was on sale. Like majorly on sale. The price has since gone back up. I got it for a steal.

Then I really wanted one of these:
That's a food dehydrator. My grandma used to dry bananas, and it was one of my favorite things to eat when visiting her. She died a few years ago, and I have really missed those bananas, so I finally bought myself a dehydrator. I have already used it multiple times. I've dried well over a dozen bananas, 10 pineapples, loads of apples, a few kiwis, some pears, and I even tried watermelon. The best part? My bananas taste just like grandma's!

Another thing I've been wanting for years is one of these:

Sorry to all of the professional floor cleaners I used to call in to clean my carpets. It just wasn't as cost saving as this buying my own cleaner. Plus, I can clean my carpets whenever I want now. I haven't used it yet, but believe me, I fully intend to. This weekend even. This thing is going to rock my world. I just know it. But if that doesn't, do you know what will? All of the music I recently downloaded courtesy of my dad. (Thanks again dad!)

Thanks to a generous donation from my dad, I was able to clear off my Amazon music wish list. I downloaded 15 new albums, or 19+ hours of music. Guess how long it took me to download it all? About 15 minutes. It made my week, and I had had a hell of a week.

As if all of that shopping wasn't enough, I have also been doing some major spring cleaning around my house. I have been reorganizing and ditching. It all started with the master bedroom closet, and then it went downhill from there. Next I cleaned and organized the attic. Then Baby Bean's room and closet. Then the cabinet in the bathroom. Then the kitchen. And finally the kitchen cabinets. I'm not done yet either. I still want to do the rest of the house, but especially our garage. I have just been on such a cleaning/organizing streak lately. All of that is in addition to my regular cleaning and mowing the lawn.

My next purchase will be a cabinet for our half bath. I can't WAIT to get everything in that bathroom into a cabinet!

I've gotta say, I am digging this drive. My house is starting to look pretty awesome... and organized!

6 comments:

Journey Girl said...

Sounds like you are having big house fun, I love it, it's fabulous!!! My sister makes home made fruit roll ups for her kids in the dehydrator, fantastic!!!

Life Happens said...

Wow, you have been shopping like crazy. Good deals. And the carpet steamer is awesome!!!!!

I need to get motivated to move faster on my spring cleaning.

Alex said...

Wow - I'm way impressed! Both with your purchases and your organization! Can you come over???

Potters said...

You are amazing! I love your new bedspread. I am jealous of all your new stuff. I would love to have any of them. Could you by chance lend me someof your enery?

S.I.F. said...

Oh I'm jealous!! I love the new bedspread, and I would love a food dehydrator!!

Mazzy said...

You go, girl!!! I want that jewlery cleaner so badly!! And I LOVE my carpet steam cleaner... and the twisted satisfaction that comes with emptying that DISGUSTING water reservoir when I'm done!!! LOL