Road to Baby
- In January I underwent my second laparoscopy to see if we could figure out why I wasn't getting pregnant. My RE told my husband different and more information post-op than he told me in my follow-up appointment. This ended our relationship with him.
- In March I decided to find a new RE to get a second opinion and ensure my previous RE wasn't hiding anything, since we could already label him "negligent." This was when we found the fabulous Dr H.
- In May I underwent my third laparoscopy that lasted 3.5 hours, removed endo and scar tissue the previous RE did not.
- In June we did a cycle with chlomid and metformin.
- In July we were going to start an IUI cycle that got put on hold because our doctor was going to be out of town.
- In August we started a cycle with menopur and later opted to go forward with IUI. We were told the day of IUI not to get our hopes up because things didn't look good for us.
- On September 12, I saw two beautiful lines. EDD 5/20/13
- In December, we found out the baby is a girl.
This year was full of vacations for our little family. I guess you could say we instinctively knew we needed to get them in this year because we wouldn't get many in 2013.
- May - We made our annual trip to Cancun, Mexico.
- July - We went to grandma and grandpa's for Independence Day.
- November - We went with all of my family (except grandpa because he wasn't feeling well) to Disneyland.
- December - We went to London for Christmas (got in on Christmas Eve), and then rang in the new year in Cardiff, Wales.
- Extras: I went on two business trips to CA, and made an additional trip home to visit my parents.
As far as big things go, that's about it for us in 2012. I would say that is plenty for one year. It is nice that we finally had a good year after a couple of difficult ones. We had a lot of great things come out of 2012, and I pray that 2013 is even better with the addition of our new baby girl.