Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cardiff Castle and Market

Somehow I actually lost a day of our trip while trying to chronicle everything. Oddly enough, it was the day before New Years, and the day after we had dinner with my blog friend. So I am going to slip this one in before my last post about our trip.

On December 31 we had a day around Cardiff. We walked down the street from our hotel to Cardiff's very own Cardiff Castle. While it wasn't Tower of London with crown jewels and historic displays in glass cases, it was still entertaining to Little Bean.
This section of the castle was added during the Victorian era.

This part of the castle had a section that was open to tour, and what we were allowed to see was gorgeous.
The ceiling in one of the towers
This room goes with the ceiling in the picture above.




Hubs and Little Bean climbed these stairs. We had to climb a million stairs to get up to these (shown below), so I wasn't interested in climbing more.

Little Bean did amazing climbing so many stairs and dodging puddles that threatened to come up to her ankles


After touring the castle, we found a street market on our way back to the hotel, where we bought some bananas, new gloves, and chocolate covered honeycomb.

This was the night that Little Bean was asleep before midnight, and that also happened to be New Years. So if you already read the last post, you know. If you didn't read the last post and want to know what we did the next day, start with the part where I said it was the only sunny day.

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

yep, cold and rainy. That is my husband's primary memory of his time in the UK. And big pretty castles!

Journey Girl said...

I have been really enjoying your updates on London - I lived there for a little while a couple of times when I was younger and I have been to most of the places that you went to so it has been lovely walking down those paths with you and your family.

I am looking forward to the last installment!!