Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick-or-Treat 'Till You Drop

This is by far my favorite time of year. The last three months that are packed with everything delicious, from the color changing trees to the dropping of crispy leaves. Add to the mixture the fun and excitement of Halloween, picking out costumes, and decorating with everything spidery and ghoulish. As if that weren't enough, you have the feast of company and food at Thanksgiving. Then the biggest gift of all, the celebration of the birth of Christ, along with which comes the season and spirit of giving. I just love this time of year.

We have spent the last four days dressing up, partying, and trick-or-treating. Friday was the Halloween party at my work. All of my teammates and I donned mullets and our best Red Neck gear. We had business in the front (our cubicles) and a party in the back (a BBQ behind the building). I do have pictures of me wearing my best mullet, but they are still on my phone so you won't be graced with them here. At the end of our Halloween festivities at the office, we had trick-or-treating for the kids. Let me tell you, I never realize just how much Baby Bean's hands can grab until it comes to candy. I think she can grab more than me!

That night was also my husband's work Halloween party. He works for the corporate headquarters of a major amusement park, so we couldn't pass up their party. They had a pavilion for their party and provided dinner, complete with hot chocolate and theme park characters. Let us not forget, they also had free face painting! Oh, and a goody bag with a stuffed animal and seven full-sized candy bars.

A very tired Baby Bean
Baby Bean loved riding the rides. We took her on the swinging ship, and every time the ship would go forward and tickle her tummy she would get this horrified look on her face and every limb would shake. We thought for sure she would never go on the ride again, but as soon as it stopped she shout, "Again! Again!" So we went on it again. The whole time she looked like was freaking out and ready to cry. But again, she wanted more when the ride stopped.

Saturday morning I went with one of my besties an her three boys to our local pumpkin patch where the kids got to ride ponies, barrels and hay rides as well as play in bounce houses.

Baby Bean on a sweet pony
Barrel rides rock!
That night we took BB to dinner, and then trick-or-treating at an outdoor mall (awesome way to advertise and get people in your store!). BB got easily 1/3 of her plastic pumpkin filled with goodies that night.

The moment you have all been waiting for, BB in her Halloween costume!

Mini Mouseketeer
After the trick-or-treating, another one of my (very pregnant) besties came over to watch BB while her dad and I skipped across the street to our neighbor's annual Halloween party. In the picture below my husband is wearing everything I wore to work the day before, except I didn't wear the hockey mask.

Fat Egyptian with funky hair and a psycho murderer
I found out today that you can wash and style those wigs. Huh. I could have actually made that wig look awesome, but instead I wore it straight out of the bag. Lesson learned.

And remember my other bestie (I have four besties, okay?) who takes BB's pictures? Well, this was her costume.

Black Bird and Fat Egyptian
Yes, she made that costume. 100% all by herself. It was her idea, and her creativity. Yes, I am always so proud to call her my friend. For real. When everyone exclaims how awesome her costumes look, I am proud to say she is my bestie.

Tonight I took BB out trick-or-treating and had some of the most precious moments of my life. About half way through BB looked up at me and said, "Thank you for taking me trick-or-treating mom." How precious is that?! Then she kissed my hand and said, "I love you mom." I wanted to melt into a puddle of mom. SO WORTH EVERYTHING! Oh my gosh I love my baby girl.

And a few more pictures because I can't help myself. This next one is the first time I curled BB's hair. I did it for family pictures that my above pictured bestie took yesterday (those pictures coming later).

Curly, GORGEOUS hair
The sad thing about that hair, BB cut it at daycare today. Yep, my daughter cut her own hair. The school told me she plays with scissors because they teach them life lessons, and using scissors is a life lesson. Luckily my little hair stylist gave herself a nice face-framing cut complete with layers. I'm not kidding. She took off about 6-7 inches on one side. I wasn't mad at all. To me, it is an inevitability with little girls. It could have been much, much worse.

And finally, BB wore her school uniform for the first time today. I know lots of you have been itching to see her in her uniform, so here you go.

The first day in a uniform
That's it for me tonight. I tried to catch up on blogs on Friday, but as you can all tell by this post, I haven't had much time. Catching up is the first thing on my To Do list though, and will happen soon!

Happy Halloween y'all!

7 comments:

S.I.F. said...

Oh Bean on that horse!! I can't believe how big she is getting!!

And for the record - I think that is one hot Egyptian! I don't know what you're talking about with this "fat" business! ;)

Leah said...

Such great pictures. I also love this time of year. :)

Wifey said...

LOVE THE PICTURES! Love the work mullet theme, that is hysterical and so fun. BB's costume is so cute and her long curls are beautiful.

Abby did the cutting the hair thing too. She didn't like how some of her hair wouldn't lay down in the front so she cut it to the scalp. AWESOME! Gotta love em! Her uniform is adorable, she is growing up so fast and is so sweet!

Mazzy said...

She is ADORABLE! Love the hair. We had a Minnie Mouse ourselves. Glad you guys had such a great weekend!

THE HAIR?!?! I'll cry my head off if Little L cuts hers. We are actually taking her to get her VERY EVER first cut tomorrow. I could cry just thinking about it. I am a total LOSER.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Man, I need to go to your house for holiday get togethers. Looks like so much fun. And I see no "fat Egyptian" only a foxy one.

Life Happens said...

What a busy, fun weekend! I am loving all the pics of baby bean. And you guys look great in costume too!

Your bestie is quite talented! Looking forward to seeing the family pics, and of course, more pics of baby bean!

Potters said...

I love this post!!!!!! BB looks great in her school uniform and wow look at that pretty hair! I'm glad she had so much fun trick-or-treating and at her daddy's work party.

You look great in your costume. Where do you get the fat part? I don't see it. Your friend's costume is AMAZING! She is a woman of many talents isn't she.